Friday, May 1, 2009

My Table

I love making dinners for friends and family. This is different from “entertaining.” I don’t entertain, I make good food for good people. Simple food. Each of us has our own unique way of giving to the world community. This is my way. I call it feeding the world through great people and ideas. I set the table, invite the people, and let it happen. Our table has literally been around the world. It holds the power of a world of people, a multitude of races and cultures, the chairs have held those people. I didn’t set out to do this. It simply evolved as our lives unfolded.

My dining room table is not so special to look at. It is plain and simple with an uncomplicated wood oil finish. The cross-hatch scratches came when my daughter and I were cutting out a prom dress to be sewn. A couple of deep grooves were acquired during a move to London, it lost some of it’s dignity being used for a work bench, but over all it has served us well and still stands sturdy on four legs.

Jesse

No comments: