Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I had many things I wanted to do on the last day of 2008 ~ fun things, meditate with my horse, walk to the post office……. but instead I ended up working my job till 2:30 in the afternoon. Ah, the joys of owning my own business and working out of my house, I have no one to delegate to. Truth be told, I am just glad to be working.

Then, when I could have written a piece for our blog and been prepared, I cleaned my house instead. I have had company over the holidays, it was wonderful and now they are gone. I had to clean house and do a few loads of laundry. I picked up things and put them back where they live most of the time. And I desperately wanted to run my vacuum so I scooted my cat out the front door ~ she hates “Mr. Suck”. Things were going good until my machine inhaled the delicate fringe on my beautiful shawl that is hanging in my closet. I quickly shut off the vacuum and grabbed my tools. I took the back off and pulled out the spinning rod thing and began to gently untangle the beautiful fringe. Then I got the scissors and cut away all my tangled hair from the brushes and cleaned it up nicely. With long hair it is something that I have to do several times a year, but I hadn’t planned on doing it this afternoon.

I looked outside and noticed the day was slipping away. Holy Crap! I put away my tools, fed the horses and the goat, came back inside, changed my clothes and pulled on my cowboy boots. I even put on mascara! I had a date to join some friends and go to the New Years Eve Bull Riding Challenge. It was great fun ~ what a kick in the pants!!! I got home just in time to turn on the TV and see the new crystal ball drop in New York.

And here it is ~ 2009. I slept till 8:30 ~ that is my first miracle! I still have my list of things to do. Job security, I like to think of it. I usually set down on this day and write the new year on all the remaining checks in my checkbook so that I don’t have to think about it for that first confusing month. I have been gifted another day on this wondrous planet and I will start over today.

I wish for you what I wish for myself. I will have magnificent days, be kind to my loved ones, get outdoors and lean my back against the bark of a tree, smile as often as possible, step out of the box, breath deep, meaningful breaths, learn something new on my computer, and may prosperity rain down upon my shoulders like cotton from the tree.

Have a blessed new year.

* annette.

No comments: