Thursday, January 15, 2009

From a Foggy January Morning....

Prompt = choose a color and write about it……….

This wondrous cool grey morning
I chose a bright yellow shirt.
“It will brighten the day” I thought.

But yellow is a color close to my heart.
Yellow is primal ~ a primary color ~ the Sun.
Lions, sunshine, rainbows, chakra’s, tulips
All are parts of yellow.

When asked for his opinion,
my son wanted to paint our kitchen yellow.
I wanted to, but it would not
work with the other ingredients already in place.
But the idea of it stayed in the back of my mind.

Years later, after my 2nd divorce
I walked into Pier 1 and saw the
most lovely yellow and blue dishes.
Two days later I got my income tax refund check
and I drove back and bought my kitchen sunshine!

I am the weed queen and my on-going love affair
for the yellow haired dandelion will never die down.
I love them. I eat them. I dig in the dirt
and play with her roots.

Yellow is the color of the solar plexus chakra.
From the gut ….. gut feelings …
…primal feelings…… TRUST !

Ah yes, my yellow shirt will help me remember
To TRUST !
And the day will be brighter.
YELLOW !

* annette

No comments: