Thursday, February 12, 2009

Prompt: 4 words...art show, eight, driving, emptiness

It is eight in the morning and I am on my first cup of coffee. The sun streams through my kitchen window as I ransack the fridge to prepare an omelet to fill the interior emptiness.
In a few short hours I will be meeting with my friends. My girlfriends and I have a very pleasant afternoon planned. We will be driving to Golden for a glass of champagne beside the stream before strolling over the bridge to browse through a newly opened art show.

I anticipate the painted canvases and glowing sculptures as well as the people watching. I believe there will be a string quartet playing accompanied by the quiet murmurs of the browsers. Winter is finally past us, the streams are flowing and this cloudless sky promises a delightfully warm and pleasant day. One day at a time, life glides by.
This is it. This is what it is all about. I am outrageously blessed.

*annette

No comments: