Thursday, November 19, 2009

Guardian Angel

I am a huge believer in angels ~ angels that over-light my work and personal life, angels of horses and angels of Honda’s …. I could go on and on. There are pictures of angels in my house, angel candles ready for special prayers, and garden angels in my yard, well, you get the picture.

I am pretty sure that my early adult life might have been quite taxing for my Guardian Angels ~ plural ~ for I am positive there must have been many, many angels watching over me night and day. They surely had a rotation schedule worked out, over-worked and under-paid. Having survived my past, I thank the Creator for my personal legion of angels with every morning prayer.

But this is a little story about a rag doll angel that I actually never met. My mother and sister were at a Cracker Barrel Restaurant and they were shopping the little country store attached to every feeding establishment. They found themselves in front of a shelf of little angel dolls, all dressed up in gingham gowns with lacey trim. One however, was a ragged little doll, looking worn out and as if she had seen better days.

My sister picked it up and showed it to my mom saying, “this must be Annette’s Guardian Angel.” They both had a good laugh over that and I had to grin when they told me the story. Yes indeed, that is how I too envision my “early” Angels. I am sorry that I did not get to see this particular raggedy little doll; I would have given her a place of honor in my house. I would have taken care of her gently and lovingly, just as my sweet, sweet angels took care of me so many years ago!

* annette

No comments: