Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bon Voyage!

With my birthday yesterday, Valentine’s Day becomes the first day of my new year. What great symbols to begin a new venture. Flowers abound. Hearts are everywhere. Well wishes ring through phone and email. It’s such an auspicious day.

It tells me to be open and expecting of love this year. Having this many loving messages two days in a row is a great send off into the unknown.

I may think I know what’s coming. I can look at the night sky filled with planets, stars and omens. I can gauge where I’m at right now and where I think the year will take me. But I’m also open to surprises.

I know a new baby is coming, a new grandchild. I know my son will return from Kabul. Beyond that, I have no idea. I am stepping into the unknown with hearts and flowers at my back, and well wishes ringing in my ears, almost like the launching of a great ship on its maiden voyage. All I need is a large bottle of champagne broken across my bow, and the image would be complete. Bon Voyage!
Jyoti

No comments: