Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Prose: WORDS OF MY MOTHER


My mother told me “can’t never could do nothing”, as I whined as a kid saying, “I can’t”, when she was attempting to get me to do something that was maybe a little too adventurous for me, or I was just rebelling. I was a sheltered only child, what can I say.

But those words have rang in my ears most of my life.

As the years have rolled by, there have been levels of healing those ringing words. Amazing how the phrases that were thrown at us as kids begin to shape our lives. Awakening through courage, will and plain old gumption brings an awareness that begins to crack these words so that they may fall away. And as I let all those words my mother said, and occasionally still says, with her judging negativity, dissolve, even before they enter my energy field, we are beginning to arrive at a new and different place.

This new place is deep nurturing, what I would have loved to have known in the beginning, but didn’t. My heart is opening to a softening as the deep nurturing between my mother and I becomes more of a possibility. A softening where water and blood begin to support each other. As the feminine and The One Heart flows more freely between us, it does give way to a new and deeper compassion.

Patricia

No comments: