Monday, July 7, 2008

OM is home.

When I say the word “home” I notice that in the middle of it is OM. OM is the primordial Home, the place, the vibration, that everything proceeds from and returns to.

OM is the space between breaths, between creating and destroying, between taking in and letting go.

This OM is my home, where all the dramas, stresses, worries, and enemies drop away to leave only pure pulsation, pure emptiness, pure rest.

When I chant OM out loud the vibrations of it permeates my cells, my molecules and atoms, reminding each tiny universe of Terra that they are one with each other and one with the uncountable larger universes that encompass me.

In OM I am at my deepest home. I hear it wherever I am- in the wind through the trees, in the whine of a buzz saw, in the bounce of molecules against each other, in the hum of electricity and in my very own breath.

This oneness of OM is nothing less than knowing and loving my neighbor, that pesky fly, President Bush, the rosebush, and Mother Earth as my self - loving that Oneness with all my heart and all my soul and all my life.

-By Terra

No comments: