Friday, June 6, 2008

Green Tea - writing

I pull back the quilt on my bed eager to fall into a well deserved rest. As I close my eyes my mind drifts to the tea awaiting me come morning. I float off imagining the fragrance lifting from the grass green leaves as I pour the boiling water into my glass teapot. I will hold the teapot up to the first rays of morning sun marveling at the lush leaves opening like a rose warmed by the sun. I will pour the tea into my cup bringing it up to breath in the forest scent before putting it to my lips and tipping it over my tongue.

I have been blessed with a gift of Lishan, a Formosa Oolong tea. A small foil packet of green tea so light, so delicate it floats like silk in the teapot. It was picked just this spring in China's mountains and shipped to San Francisco's Red Blossom Tea Company in China Town. I have learned that green tea is not to be kept any longer than four months for it looses its essence. Like a good wine each year it is different depending on the season.. Lishan Spring 2008 has been a very good year. I will savour my gift sip by sip and know the gods.

I fall into a gentle dream of anticipation awaiting my first cup of morning tea.

by Jesse

1 comment:

annette said...

oooohhh, i do hope that it was good as it sounded ~ forit sounded marvelous !!