Monday, May 12, 2008

Poetry: The Quiet Core

I wonder why the world seems to smoothly flow for awhile and then
Explodes into a splashy rapids that eventually reintegrates into
another smoothly happy flow.

I wonder why the splashy rapids has to be
a matter of drama and emotional upheaval.

I wonder why the quiet Core of my being
Continues to be quiet, even in the middle of
that drama and that smoothly flowingness.

I wonder why I forget that quiet Core
that could be my consciously safe cove
in the middle of any stormy drama or quickly flowing-by world.


--by Terra

1 comment:

A Week's Worth of Women said...

Terra, i loved this peice. I am also experimenting to see if i can leave a comment as several folks have mentioned that they are having trouble doing just that. PS. i hope that you are feeling better today! annette.