Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Faith

I have faith, I was about to write what I have faith in or for but I’d like to stay with I have faith as a complete thought. In and of itself….I have faith, deep abiding faith. I’ve put myself in a number of circumstances that have tested it…or even almost smashed it but always like the green shoots that emerge through asphalt or the flowers I’ve found growing right out of rock on the slopes of the Sierra’s ….it comes back….it never really leaves. I see faith as that bridge that takes us across the raging waters of life….all the challenges….and faith the bridge lets you walk on or over water. It opens doors you have never seen because they were opened when you arrived. It’s a strong thing…it conjures up a strength bigger then you are, because it is. Faith is out of our realm though it is very much anchored in this world. So faith is strong but also the gentlest of the gentle. For faith can allow the harder layers to melt as it reaches it’s tiny hand through the toughest of armor to remind us of what lies behind that hand. The pool of love where the bridge will take you if you walk on those faith shores long enough, realizing you never went anywhere…it was just a dream…but faith was your vision when the lights went out. The more you let it breathe the less you have to do. It helps me remember. Mary

1 comment:

A Week's Worth of Women said...

ggo job, i am enjoying hearing the stories, and the thoughts.